Hezbollah claims rocket attack on Israel was response to ceasefire violation

Pedro Abreu Jiménez, President
Pedro Abreu Jiménez, President
0Comments

Hezbollah announced on April 9 that it launched rockets at Israel, saying the action was in response to what it called a violation of a ceasefire agreement brokered between the United States and Iran.

The statement from Hezbollah said the group targeted the Manara area, just across the border with Israel, with a barrage of rockets at 2:30 a.m. Thursday. The group had not claimed any attacks against Israel since a truce was announced on Tuesday in Washington after 39 days of conflict.

According to Lebanon’s Health Minister Rakan Nasreddine, Israeli airstrikes have resulted in at least 182 deaths and nearly 900 injuries. The strikes have hit residential neighborhoods in central Beirut, southern suburbs of the capital, as well as areas in southern and eastern Lebanon.

Israeli military actions against Hezbollah—a militant group based in Lebanon—have so far resulted in Israel taking control of about ten percent of Lebanese territory and displacing more than one million people. Recent bombings have reached deeper into Beirut, causing panic among residents.

The ongoing violence has raised concerns about ongoing negotiations between Iran and the United States regarding the ceasefire. Al Jazeera reported that Tehran warned it would withdraw from the agreement if Israeli attacks on Lebanon continue. Meanwhile, Israeli officials stated that “the two-week ceasefire does not include Lebanon,” contradicting an earlier claim by Pakistan’s mediator that said the truce covered all regions including Lebanon.



Related

Jorge Eduardo Sánchez President at Banco Popular Y De Desarrollo Comunal

Banco Popular y de Desarrollo Comunal promotes offers and community focus in recent tweets

Banco Popular y de Desarrollo Comunal used Twitter in May 2026 to promote special offers for cardholders at KFC and reaffirm its dedication to serving Costa Rican communities.

Pedro Abreu Jiménez CEO at Grupo Nación

La NaciĂłn covers sports uncertainty, lottery results, and upcoming tech IPOs in latest updates

La NaciĂłn published three updates on May 18, 2026 covering uncertainty for a former Brazil World Cup player at Herediano, results from Costa Rica’s National Lottery draw on May 17th, and news of anticipated IPOs by tech firms SpaceX, OpenAI and…

Pedro Abreu Jiménez, CEO at Grupo Nación

TD Más video shows tense moment between Jafet Soto and Saprissa players after final

A recent video from TD Más captures a tense post-match moment involving Jafet Soto and Saprissa players after Herediano’s championship win. Kendall Waston is seen stepping in to de-escalate the situation. Coverage also mentions an exchange between Soto and Fidel Escobar.

Trending

The Weekly Newsletter

Sign-up for the Weekly Newsletter from Costa Rica Cronica.